Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LCarenzo
Helper I
Helper I

Relationships

Hi - I am having some trouble.  I want to create a dashboard view with multiple tabs of data.   I have a source file for each month (12).  I need to build multiple relationships, but Power  BI will not allow me to do it.  For example I want to see Issues, then Issue Count by Month.  Next I want to see Client, then Issue Count by Month.

Not working.....

3 REPLIES 3
v-evelk
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I am not sure that I understood the point.

Power BI can relates data among tables .

Could you please make some pictures to demonstrate what exactly you want to achieve?

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Happy to however I cannot seem to attached an image.

Let me help to explain further. 

I have one visual that show the Count of an Issue by month.  Jan-May and my relationship is build based on the issue.  Issue to Issue.  My second visual is Client - count of Issue by month.    The relationship of Issue to Issue no longer works.

Still cannot figure out what data model you want to build, sorry.

Could you please describe tables and their relationships in details, may be with some fake data if your data is confidential?

Also, you could ask in the following threads because experts there have more strong expertise regarding building of data models:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/bd-p/power-bi-designer

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/bd-p/power-bi-web-app

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors