Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

milkynight
Helper I
Helper I

Questions about Linear Gauge

Hi All,

Im trying Linear Gauge for the first time, and would like to ask a few questions below.

1. How to hide/ remove xViz logo in the graph?

milkynight_0-1630292654306.png

2. For Sales, how to reflect the % accurately when Actual is higher than Target?

For eg, Actual 4459 and Target 4453 => Percentage should be 100%+ but it's showing only 30%

milkynight_1-1630292794461.png

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
APavlovs
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @milkynight,

Since XViz is a 3rd party custom visual developer, my guess is that you need to purchase a license to use all of the features of the visual. And if you hover over the logo you can see the following message:

APavlovs_0-1630308649087.png

As for the scale, you need to define the Maximum value for the visual by either adding a column to the "Maximum Value" field 

APavlovs_1-1630308782281.png

Or by defining it manually under Formatting options > Gauge Options (PRO) - Gauge Maximum Value

APavlovs_2-1630308897953.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @milkynight , can you create a measure to show the percentage?  For example, possibly try:

1. Divide 4,459 by 4,453

2. Convert to percentage (i.e. 100.13%)

3. On linear guage, have target as 100% and have performance as measure (i.e. 100.13%).

I would then add the Performance (4,459) and Target (4,453) as attributes of the Tooltip in the visual.  Hope this helps?

---

Just read a reply that says the visual won't go past 100% so my reply may not be valid. Look forward to getting an update on this either way!

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

APavlovs
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @milkynight ,

Did you manage to resolve everything in regards to the Linear Gauge? Let me know if there is anything else, if not, mark one of my preivuous posts as solution, so other users can also find related answer quicker 😉

APavlovs
Resolver II
Resolver II

@milkynight 

2nd part of my previous answer 🙂 You need to define the Maximum value within the visual it can be the same target value. 

One thing to note though is that the visual will not allow you to go over 100%

milkynight
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @APavlovs 

Thanks for helping me out on this.

For the scale of Actual and Target, do you know why the % is only 30% instead of 100%? In this situation, i don't set Maximum value, hence where is the 30% coming from?

milkynight_0-1630374145464.png

APavlovs
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @milkynight,

Since XViz is a 3rd party custom visual developer, my guess is that you need to purchase a license to use all of the features of the visual. And if you hover over the logo you can see the following message:

APavlovs_0-1630308649087.png

As for the scale, you need to define the Maximum value for the visual by either adding a column to the "Maximum Value" field 

APavlovs_1-1630308782281.png

Or by defining it manually under Formatting options > Gauge Options (PRO) - Gauge Maximum Value

APavlovs_2-1630308897953.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors