Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

akumarbvp
Frequent Visitor

PowerKPIMatrixEB second comparison value treats 0 as null and displays blank cell where value is 0

Hey Guys,

I am facing a stange issue with PowerKPIMatrixEB. Matrix treats 0 as null and displays a blank cell for Second Comparison Value. Although I can see an option within Current Value format to control this via the option 'Treat Zero as Null', but 'Treat Zero as Null' configuration is not available with other parameters. 

5 REPLIES 5
akumarbvp
Frequent Visitor

Hey Guys,

I am facing an issue with PowerKPIMatrix EB visual. This visual is displaying 0 as null (blank cell) for second comparison value. There is a control available for this within format section for Current Value with a configuration name 'Treat Zero as Null', however same is not available for second comarison value or other parameters. Not sure if there is any alternative way to display a value zero within PowerKPIMatrix seocnd comparison value. Any leads would be of great help.

Cheers!

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Comparison Value and Second Comparison Value do not support zero values as a variance will be not a number due to dividing by zero.

Could you please describe why it's required in your case?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Hey Ignat,

The dataset i have has a comparison and second comparison value of '0' while actual value can be anything (let say also 0 in this case).

In this case there is a variance of 0 % when compared with either comparison value. Instead of showing 0 % variation, corresponding cell within matrix shows blank. So it does not give the right picture to the consumer of the report.

I can understand your point of division by 0 leads to infinity, but there must be a way to convey this information via some text or symbol instead of leaving the cell blank and making it open for interpretation.

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks for the feedback. I think your idea makes sense.

This issue has been included into our backlog (#26548).

We'll update this thread once it's implemented (no ETA so far).

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Thanks Ignat.

Will be eagerly waiting for the update.

Cheers !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.