Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vrocca
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

PowerKPI custom viz "KPI Indicator" option not always visible

I am having issues getting a consistent behavior to get the "KPI Indicator" option to be available in the visual. I can get it to appear for certain "Dates", but it is not always showing up.

What are the requirements to have the "KPI Indicator" option to appear in the visual?

KPI Indicator

Thanks,
Victor Rocca | www.victorrocca.com
5 REPLIES 5
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @vrocca,

It'd be good if you can take a look at the KPI Indicator Instructions page of sample file.

There's the guide about usage KPI Indicator.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Hi @v-viig,

I think I found the issue on my end. It looks like following the documentation creates different behavior if the data is not plotted at the same granularity as the sample file. Specifically, the "KPI Index" value should be a measure - for example, if you have your data at a daily level (as in the sample file) and want to show a KPI at a monthly level, the KPI Index column will incorrectly sum up the values for the month and give you a number other than 1,2,3 - This breaks the ability to view the KPI Indicator.

If it's setup as a measure, it will evaluate the sum of the Variance at the monthly level and then determine if it's >0.05 or <0.05. 

Lastly, the documentation refers to a "KPI Symbol Index" field well. This looks to have been renamed/replaced by "KPI Indicator Index."

Thanks,

Victor

Thanks,
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Power KPI shows KPI for the latest available date (if current value and target value is available).

This behavior requires to use the measure column that determines KPI Indicator Index for each date (data-point).

I'd also note that Power KPI is designed to support any granualiry.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

See sample below for the behavior I'm referring to:

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiOWQ5ZTUzY2MtZWRhMi00Nzk5LTk2OTMtZTdlZjg1OGExZDY0IiwidCI6IjIxN...

Thanks,
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

I think you should create a new Measure using this DAX: LastKPIIndex = LASTNONBLANK(Data[KPI Index], 1).

This column should be used be used in Power KPI instead KPI Index column.

Please let me know if that works well for you.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors