Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Uffan

Power KPI - Series

Hi Folks,

I've ran into a strange problem with the power KPI visual. I have a table that has row categories (gender) and a column total. The data is in the following format

Year, Month, Gender, Total

2009, 1, Female, 12000

2009, 1, Male, 11000

2009, 2, Female, 12005

2009, 2, Male, 11001

and so on. The table holds the data for the period 1-Jan-2004 to 1-Sep-2019. I was trying to display line trend of the each category of gender along with the % variance between the two over time. In the first instance, I created two measures to calculate totals for each category and drag them into the power KPI visual along with the date. No problems there

image.png

I tried another way to achieve the same, so instead of creating two measures, I dragged the total field into the visual Value, the gender category column in the Series and date on the axis. For some reason the graph just doesn't show any trend after end of 2012. But, I can see the data past 2012 upto 2019 in the data table used by the visual (as you can see int the picture below).

image.png

Any thoughts on what might be going on? I am using the power bi desktop version 2.65.5313.1562 64-bit for the power BI reporting server (all of our reports are hosted in house on the reporting server). power KPI version 2.0.0.0 release 4/12/2019

Uffan

4 REPLIES 4
v-evelk
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer.

Could you please send your report for analysis to pbicvsupport@microsoft.com ?

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It shows only 100 data points if any dimension is dragged in series.

I am facing the same issue. Did you get any solution?

Guys, I need your reports to analyze the issue and find a solution or make a suggestion.

So, if it's possible, please send them to pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-evelk@Uffan, @Anonymous,

Was there any fix for this issue? I'm seeing the same problem as well. It seems that the X-axis will not show all value.

I have a Date as the X-Axis, and it'll only show up to 2018 - even though my date fields go all the way to 2020. It will only show 2020 data when I utilise a Date Filter and shorten the Between range. I suspect its a similar point brough up before that when a Series is added, the X-Axis will be made smaller.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.