Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gourd_J
Helper I
Helper I

Power KPI Matrix - "second KPI Indicator Value" and sparkline formatting

In the Power KPI Matrix sample report "PowerKPIMatrix.2.1.4.0.pbix" their is an instruction page of "KPI Indicator Instructions". On it there is a yellow card describing "Do you support KPI values from Analysis Services (Such as -1, 0, -1)?" which says:

Yes, you can map the desired numeric index value to each KPI. The default Value is "1" for KPI 1; "2" for KPI 2", etc. However, you can change KPI 2 to use a value of zero and KPI 3 to use a value of negative one, etc.

Power KPI Matrix has a similar column to "KPI Indicator" (titled "KPI Status" on the sample report) of "Second KPI Indicator Value" (titled "To Prior Year" in the sample report). This column does not appear to apply any of the formatting from the "KPI Indicator" formatting section, custom or otherwise (My data source is SSAS MD KPIs). How can I have the "Second KPI Indicator Value" be similarly coloured?

Thanks

Gord

5 REPLIES 5
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you share a screenshot of how Fromatting options are configured and columns configuration?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Power BI columns - Second Comparison Value formatting.jpg

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

This is expected behavior because Power KPI Matrix does not support KPI Indicator for the second variance.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Can this behavior be added to a future version?  🙂

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

We'll consider this idea but we can not give you any ETA.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors