Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

deasons22
Helper II
Helper II

Power KPI Matrix comparing measure against reference percentage based on date

Compare.png

I'm trying to compare these two percentages(one is a measure dividing to values, second is a reference table with targets per month) in the KPI Matrix, but my second data set ends up being a sum value of my entire table over being by date based percentages, so I end up with just a single value  to campare the entire dataset to.

Compare 1.png

Is this possible or is there a better way to go about this. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
deasons22
Helper II
Helper II

Looks like you can change the datatype to text and it appears to work. I know there's an implicit converision happening, but at least it works. Seems like there has to be another way to make this work. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

It seems you just need to to fill the Second Comparison Value and turn on the Second Sparkline via Sparkline settings.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

I was having an issue with value being summed up when I did that. After I changed my target value column to a text I was able to compare against it. 

deasons22
Helper II
Helper II

Looks like you can change the datatype to text and it appears to work. I know there's an implicit converision happening, but at least it works. Seems like there has to be another way to make this work. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors