Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power KPI Matrix Setting Targets

How do I create these targets in the right format for the Matrix?

I'm trying to use the KPI Matrix (imported from marketplace) and looked through this tutorial .

I've gotten my matrix to look like this, I need help with KPI Status and Comparison Values.

example5.JPG

1. Comparison Values

Some of the targets I sent are static numbers and some are dynamic.
Example:
Metric - Cycle Time

Comparison Value - 55 days (static)

Metric - Number of Completions

Comparison Value - Change from previous month (dynamic)

2. KPI Status

From what I've seen this is a mix of KPI Indicator Index and Indicator Value -- how do I manipulate my data or construct a table or measure to correctly show these?

Any help very appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
v-evelk
Employee
Employee

Hello,

First of all it is necessery to clarify what type of data format you use Row-based or Column-based.

Also you can switch matrix from marketplace into table format and you will see how data is structurized.

For KPI Status visualization matrix uses field from "KPI Indicator Index" bucket but you need calculate that index for your data regarding your own criteria comparing actual data and comparison data in a row.

For instance, you have actual data in a row as 8 and your target data is 10, let's suppose that it is 80% of target and you can suppose that is is a good result and bind it to index 1, but for actual value 6-8 you can suppose that it is average result and bind it to index 2, 5 and lower is bad and bind it to index 3. Finally you wil get something like the following:

ActualTargetKPI_Index

Then you need set up colors and icons for corresponding indx only in the format panel.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-evelkThank you, that is helpful!

Another question about the matrix custimization, is it possible to add an indicator color in the Second Comparison?
It doesn't seem to be an option...

No, it is impossible and we aren't sure that it has a sense.

If you suppose that it is a valuable option you can create an idea here and if it gets a lot of votes we will consider to add this feature in the next releases.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors