Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power KPI Matrix - Losing Format after Refresh - Row Based

Hi there, I'm finding I'm losing my Number Format after making changes on my Row Links.

Here's my steps in the PowerKPIMatrix 2.1.4 file for example

1) I change the formatting for Current Value for Total Units to display Thousands

2) I change the source file in Excel (I extracted from the tables) for Row Links for KPI Total Units from bing.com to bing.ca

3) I refresh the file

4) the formatting for Total Units is lost and I'm no longer displaying Thousands Is anyone else having this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

This is expected behavior if you change data rows because Power KPI Matrix binds settings to data rows.

There're a few technical limitations that prevent us from fixing it.

We'll update once it's implemented.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

I am experiencing the same issue. Is this something that is on the planning for the team? Do you have a suggestion for a workaround (without switching to a column-based data scource)?

Thanks a lot in advance.

This issue is still in backlog due to technical limitations. We'll update once they are resolved.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has this issue been updated?

Hi, Is there any updates on this one? I would also need to bind the format to a certain metric without losing the formatting every time I add/delete a metric from the visual. It's very painful to always reformat everything while I don't understand what is causing the formats to change. 

Thanks, Oskari

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any update on the fix?
We have 100 metrics using this visual listed on the rows. Everytime we add a new metric, it's painful to update format for each.

Thanks.
Kelley

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors