cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suwipach Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Power KPI Matrix - Inconsistent Formatting

i've found the solution by clearing all filter, then arrange the format layout manually in each columns while "Kepp Series Settings On Filtering In Edit Mode" is Off. Thus, column witdth are fixed when i select any slicer.

thank you for reply.

v-evelk Senior Member

I am glad to hear it.

You are welcome!

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

OskariNi Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello, I'm experiencing the same issue. Can you please explain if it is possible to keep the formatting constant in some way. 

The format and order of metrics changes every time I:

- Add a new KPI to the matrix

- Change the date slicer

- Refresh data

Because of this unpredictable behavior I really can't publish a report with this visual. Otherwise it is an excellent visual. 

Thanks, Oskari

v-evelk Senior Member

Hello Oskari,

Have you tried every recommendation from the topic?

If so, could you please describe case with more details (pictures are preferable too) and share your report by sending to pbicvsupport@microsoft.com ?

Kind Reagards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

OskariNi Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-evelk , 

I can't share my report but here is a few screen captures of the main problem. I changed the formatting of current value column when last 12 months filter was applied. When changing the date filter the formatting resets. 

I have tried all the suggested solutions in this thread but none of them work. I would think that the formatting of a visual doesnt depend on the data behind or filtering used. It is quite weird behavior. 

BR. Oskari

MoRA 27.9.2019 - Power BI Desktop2.pngMoRA 27.9.2019 - Power BI Desktop.png

Frequent Visitor

Hello @OskariNi ,

From my experience, i deselected all filters then changed the formatting and saved. Thus, the formatting will be applied with any filters.

Hope this will help.

Best Regards,

Suwipach

OskariNi Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello @suwipach , 

Thanks for the tip. What do you mean by deselecting all the filters. Did you delete the slicer before doing the formatting?

BR. Oskari

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello @OskariNi 

That means None select any filters in slicers. i didn't delete slicers.

BR,

Suwipach

OskariNi Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello @suwipach , 

This method works if I format "All metrics". Then it remembers the format with all slicer values. 

For my report I need to have different formats for each metric. These are reset to the "All metrics" format when I change the slicer value. 

Btw. I can't put a None value for my date slicer. The default is the maximum date range of the data. 

BR. Oskari

OskariNi Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I have tried basically every option that are recommended in this thread, but I'm not able to keep the custom formatting consistent when using a slicer. 

It seems that the only option is to do the formatting separately for every slicer value that you think that the user would like to use. At least in my case this makes the visual unusable. It's a shame because the visual is otherwise very good. 

Oskari

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 135 members 1,787 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: