Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Marcos_Franco
Frequent Visitor

Power KPI Matrix: Can't set comparison value

Hi.

I've been facing some problemas with the Power KPI Matrix custom visualization, where I just can't set the comparison value at all.

I've followed the steps on the "manual", where I edit the visual through the ... box, set each measure to the correponding comparison value and click on Apply. So far, so good, as the preview shows the visual as it should be (with the comparison value and the indicator that I've set up). The problem is that when I choose / click "Return to report" all settings are lost, and no comparison value is shown. I tried hiting [ESC], but then the visual bugs out, minimizing the edit section and preventing me from actually exiting it (I need to delete the visual and start over).

When I try to edit the visual again, it's all blank, as if I've never done anything before.

I believe that it is a problem introduced by some new version of the Power BI Desktop (mine is version 2.64.5285.741 64-bit), as it worked before. Unfortunately, I don''t know when it started to happen, as my previous reports (already set up) works (but I can't enter the edit section anymore, as entering it clears the comparison values).

Is there any workaround for this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

It seems the latest version has not been loaded. Do you have a stable internet connection?

Please try to load the latest package from AppSource and import it into your report.

As a workaround you can apply setting but do not close the panel.

Just press save and reboot the report.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors