Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ranin
Employee
Employee

Power BI Custom Visuals' Community

Welcome to Power BI Custom Visuals Community!

Power BI custom visuals is all about community.  We are very excited to announce that custom visuals now have a special place in the Power BI community site, to share knowledge, ideas and news!

Power BI custom visuals useful links for developers

141 REPLIES 141
jazznky
Regular Visitor

I was linked here through PowerBI custom visual support link for Gantt visual. Where could I download the older version of Gantt? I'm looking for the version as per the screenshot on the product overview with a black line for task completion%. The latest visual which use overlay colour density gets messy when I enable 'Group Task' functionality.

Anonymous
Not applicable

drop a mail to Power BI Custom Visuals Support <pbicvsupport@microsoft.com> and they will help you to get the older version visual file.

common763
Helper II
Helper II

CHICLET SLICER 1.6.3 is not displaying in Google Chrome when I deploy my report to report server.  I can see everything in the slicer on my desktop-report server, but both my customers and I dont see the slicer on Report Server-deployed.  My customers use Edge as default but want to make sure it works in both browsers.  Can you direct me to someone who can help with this?

Q-Reporter
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

the Attribute Slicer is not certified anymore, therefore my company is not allowing to use this visual anymore. Is it possible to certify it again? 
The Attribute Slicer is the visual I use most for my dashboards.
https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380794?tab=DetailsAndSupport

Best regards,

Q-Reporter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey where can I get timeline slicer version 2.1.0 in which dates show inside of box instead of outside or top of the box, i am searching timeline slicer 2.48.0 version(2.1.0). can someone help me with this?

Analitika
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Could you please add to Chiclet Slicer feature - on click image follow hyperlink or open setted report page?

wmulyadi
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea the 'Text Filter' visual show me this error once published to BI Service. Worked well in BI Desktop. Thanks.

I have blown up the visual shape to see the error message, basically the text filter just won't show on Power BI Service, it works fine on BI Desktop.

https://ibb.co/sW2Pthd

Thx

I am having the same issue, did you find a fix? cheers

bailemo
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I am using the Power KPI Matrix visual version 3.1.1 and noticed that there are some visual formatting options missing in a newer version of a file that uses this.  The Category, Subcategory, and Category Subtotal options are present on an older version of a file with this visual but they are not present on a newer version.

Does anyone happen to know what happened to the Category, Subcategory, and Category Subtotal options on the latest version of this visual?

Thank you,

Bailey

RMM2C
Frequent Visitor

Hi!,

i'm using power KPI 2.0 custom visual, and I realized that lack two common features that most visuals have.

1- having a chart, let's say, x -time, y - sales amount, if you click in any of the points the visual doesn't work as a time filter as other visuals do.
2- It is not possible to use page tooltips with this visual.

Am I wrong?

Is there any workaround? especially for the first one.

Thank you.

AntonioCovas
Regular Visitor

Can you add vertical grid lines for the visual "Gantt" version 2.2.3.0. And respectively a setting toggle switch to turn it on or off. Currently there are only horizontal grid lines, however it's usefull to visually relate to the date in the header. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Madam/Sir, 

the card browser custom visual  support link took me here.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381278?src=office&tab=Overview

I have issue to add more than 4 images in title image section. 

is there a limit here? anyway to overcome it?

thanks

Wenlei

Spoiler
pbi_screenshot.PNG

Hello,

Yes, you're right.

There is a limitation for this bucket (see the following picture)

CardBrowserLimitation.PNG

As a solution, you can fork the visual repository, adjust condition inside cpabilities.json, change a visual GUID iside pbiviz.json, build a new package using npm run package script and import a package file into your report.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Evgenii, 

I have installed the custom visual dev environment on my computer.  

and about go through the following tutor. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/visuals/custom-visual-develop-tutorial

I download the card browser package from the github  and  unzip to C:\Windows\System32

I switch working directory to the card browser folder.  and start the project in powershell

but I come across this error, do you know why?

ps_start_error.PNG

I have tried the following solution, but with no luck.

https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-ForceGraph/issues/43

thanks for your help. 

Best regards,

Wenlei

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot, Evgenii. This is very helpful.

I will give a try. 

Wenlei

resh99
Regular Visitor

Hi. I'm using the Gantt 2.2.3 and have an issue. When I edit the report in Power BI desktop, the legend colors are correct, however when I publish in my workspace the legend colors dissapear.

Presentation1.jpg

I am using the most current version of the Microsoft 2.2.3 Gannt chart and I cannot seem to get the black completion line to display. I am using start and finish dates, dates are date format. The tooltip shows 100% complete yet no black line. How do I get the black completion light to show. Thanks in advance. Elizabeth Tachjian

Elizabeth Tachjian

Hello,

Could you send your report for analysis to pbicvsupport@microsoft.com please?

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer

prfor

Text Filter no longer works with part of a value in my tenant. 
So, for example, I cant search for "user.na" and get "user.name@company.com"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

The custom visual Sankey Chart does not allow tooltip customization at all. Does anyone know a workaround ? or any other visusal that I can use as its alternate. 

Any help will be much appreciated. 
Thanks.

1-8-2020 12-06-09 PM.png

Hi,

The visual provides standard tooltip style as many other MS visuals.

Could you clarify please what do you mean under tooltip customization?

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors