Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ranin
Employee
Employee

Power BI Custom Visuals' Community

Welcome to Power BI Custom Visuals Community!

Power BI custom visuals is all about community.  We are very excited to announce that custom visuals now have a special place in the Power BI community site, to share knowledge, ideas and news!

Power BI custom visuals useful links for developers

141 REPLIES 141
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying @v-evelk 

What I meant was that the tooltip only shows the name of the node and count. I also want to be able to show percentage of previous in it. The tooltips can not be configured as there is not option to add more measures to display in tooltip.

I hope I have clearified my query 

Hi,

We will consider this changes in the next visual release but there isn't any ETA for a while.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Timeline Slicer took me here for it's support URL:  https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380786?src=office&tab=Overview

I have a problem with this visual, when publish to Report Server (Sept 2019 edition) when viewing this visual on the report server Chrome/Edge/Firefox on multiple PC's that I've tested. The visual does not filter the data, it does work in PowerBI Desktop, but not when it's published. 

I need to use this Microsoft Visual addon, where do I go to get support?

Please reach out to: 

Blaenzo
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

On powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/custom-visuals  I read that Microsoft finally has decided to share the source code of all the visuals that ship with Power BI:

"We want you to be ready to extend Power BI. So we've provided the source code for all the visuals we ship in Power BI. You can quickly create high quality custom visuals for Power BI."

I checked github but cannot find a complete repository of the source codes.

Could someone please tell me the location of the source code of e.g. the 'matrix' and 'scatter chart' visual?

Thank you,

Martijn

Hi Martijn,

This landing page is temporary and contains obsolete info.

We will update it soon.

The source code for core visuals is private, hovever, we have got a collection of visuals with open source code. You can find them on that page.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer

meredithpec

Hello! 

Im using the enhanced scatter chart and I want to place a background on it, when clicking on the option backdrop, no place for the hyperlink appears. Only a revert to original button appears that when selecting it only turns off the backdrop option. HELP PLEASE

mrothschild
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

How can one find the visualName of a custom visual for JSON editing if the format painter is insufficient?

Hello,

Your question is unclear.

Please, describe it with more details and create a separate topic for this.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer

Saymanwaring

Hello,

I am creating a Gantt Chart, but for some reason some events are show up black when the Legend does not black to label any events. Does anyone know why they are back and how to get the event to show the correct color according to the legend.

Below is a screen shot. 

For Example: according to the legend this event should be blue:

2019-10-02 10_28_54-BI Gahntt chart - Power BI Desktop.png

Thanks in advanced. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

check if your date field is of type date/time

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am looking for a way to exclude individual data points from the Enhanced Scatter plot. In the standard Scatter Chart in Power BI desktop, this can be done by right clicking on a data point. Unfortunately, this cannot be done in the Enahce Scatter.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Hi,

Please, create a separate topic and provide detailed inforamtion regarding your issue, screenshots are preferable.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Goodmorning all,

i have upate the new gnatt 2.0.0. in my power bi desktop report. I need the documentaion for the correct use...

Than's for help

fabio

Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed the update as well: 

1) Milestone feature

2) Rounded bars

3) Lines between category labels

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is this an update or is it glitching? Need some help as well. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Goof

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors