Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ranin
Employee
Employee

Power BI Custom Visuals' Community

Welcome to Power BI Custom Visuals Community!

Power BI custom visuals is all about community.  We are very excited to announce that custom visuals now have a special place in the Power BI community site, to share knowledge, ideas and news!

Power BI custom visuals useful links for developers

141 REPLIES 141
Kbr00006

The chicklet slicer is not able to access through embedding events after report embedded to a web portal

nathagt

I'm trying to use the new dynamic formatting for measures with Power KPI Matrix 3.1.1. Is this not supported? The visual seems to use the custom column format set in the visual. It would be ideal if that could be left blank and the visual would default to using the default format of the measure, which in my case would be dynamic. 

flywordk

Hello, I am desiring to create a pretty simple radial column chart in PowerBI. Charticular seems like a plausible way to do this, but I have had no luck so far. My dataset contains rows representing people and columns with pre-scaled metrics about them. I would like each metric to be a column on the chart. What is the best way to achieve this? Thank you.

kfaterkowski
Frequent Visitor

I am using Power KPI 2.0.0 (see attached image).

How can I invert my Y-axes in with this visual?

Thank you.

2024-03-11_17-18-53.png

semsefl

Update: Issue has been resolved.  We found an issue with the Chrome browser version being used in the company.  

We are using the ChicletSlicer in several reports.  We started recieving reports that it was not working in the online versions.  They click on a chiclet to make a selection but nothing happens other than the the colors of the chiclet changing.  It does work properly in the desktop version.  

PBIKPI_user

PowerBI with app (add-in) Power KPI (2.0.0.0, last updated 7/10/2023) from Microsoft Corporation has a bug with vertical axis. When all values of variable are identical in time axis, plot gives horizontal line on the bottom, while it should be in the middle according to the vertical axis values. See example below.

PBIKPI_user_0-1705675019413.png

How to reproduce a bug:

• Select "Power KPI" visual
  • Set "Axis" to some valid variable
  • Set "Values" to a variable which has identical values (calculated measure or count) accross all time points
  • Result is horizontal line at the bottom of a graph, but according to vertical axis line should be in the middle
    • Count of country = 3, vertical axis from 2.4 to 3.5, line is at wrong ~2.4 level
  • Value popup shows correct value, but bubble point is on the line which is at wrong level (cross-hair of horizontal and vertical line)

IMO, axis values are correct, popup values are correct, but line is plotted at wrong height for some reason. When variable has different values, then ploted line and axis values seem to match correctly.

This bug needs to be fixed.

SALAH8EDDINE

Is it possible to extract witch a right click on a point some data ?

AlexanderPBI
Regular Visitor

There is the way to exceed the limit of data points in visual from AppSource?

krani
Regular Visitor

krani_0-1702305529668.png

I am having this issue for 2 of our users. This search filter is working fine for other users, but not for some.

krani_1-1702305584993.png

This is the working filter.

Any solution to this? We have tried clearing caches and re login to power bi service for those users too.

Strangers
Frequent Visitor

Hi, could you please help me with this visualization? After refreshing our Power BI Server up to September 2023 Chiclet Slicer does not mark color for selected chiclet.

After 15.0.1113.169 refreshing the issue was resolved

_Dillon

Hi,

I'm using the Power KPI custom visual and love the functionality that this provides. However, I noticed that the chart automatically defaults all values as whole/decimal numbers instead of using the formatting that the user defines for a given value/meausure, such as percentage or currency. I feel like this is an easy fix. Is this the right place to request such a change?

Thanks,

Dillon

pbi_user_k_265
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I have previously published a report using the pdfviewer visual to display a one-page PDF file. It works fine and I really appreciate the zoom in and out feature that can't be done using other image viewer custom visual. However, the recent update of the PDFviewer has changed all my PDFs to be stretched vertically and all the texts on it become unreadable. It also has the default export document feature turned on at the nav bar by default with no option to hide. However, clicking on it just brings you to the licensing page. May I know how do I go about this? Is there a way to downgrade or settings to deal with the stretched image?

Janie12
Frequent Visitor

Hi

we've just updated our Power BI Report Server to the September 2023 and have now an issue with the Chiclet slicers not showing the selection. They still filter the report page in the published version but the selection doesn't keep the coloured highlight to show which value was selected. In desktop it's still keeping the selected value highlighted, so not sure why this disappears when saved to the report server. Can anyone help with this? 

After 15.0.1113.169 refreshing issue was resolved

I have the same situation

Even I also have.

DipamModi
Regular Visitor

Hi,
I am using Chicklet Slicer in my report. I have almost every element accessible using the keyboard, but I cannot get inside the chicklet slicer by pressing the Enter key. I have updated its code such that the Keypress selects the next option available and it works when I click on the visual (get inside of it). When I use the TAB key to roam around the report it only selects the visual. Need help figuring out how can I get inside of the visual using the Enter key so that I can get my Keypress function working.

Juan_tb

Hi,

I am using the "Timeline Slicer" visual and on 04/09 it does not show me data. There is a way to force them to show. (Understanding that this date is a holiday in the US)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors