Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SatyaVaitla
Helper I
Helper I

Periodicity of KPIs in Power KPI Matrix

In Power KPI matrix, i can see the comparisons are based on yearly basis. I can not see any periodicity column. Only few strategic KPIs will be monitored on yearly basis or quarterly basis. Many of the operational KPIs are at Daily, weekly, and monthly basis. These KPIs can be aggregated or non aggregated for comparison purpose with target values. But i can not see the comparison at this level. Is there a provison for this and i am missing?

Also KPIs are cascaded from top to bottom (with leaf nodes are non leaf nodes). So the score cards are based on the team viewing the dashboard. For example, North America Sales team can see only their sales (actually north america is not a category but based on how the team is defined). How this is addressed in the present Power KPI Matrix?

If the scorecard is only for the top level person, he may not need the lower level granularity. But even in this case, if he/she wants to drill down on team structure, which is essential for understanding where he is not meeting the targets, lower level granularity in terms of teams is essential.

Looking forward to know how my middle managers can look at their scorecards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Power KPI Matrix calculates variance by Actaul and Comparison values of latest available date.

If you need to show month granularity, you have to aggegate data by months and use an instance of Power KPI Matrix for each date granularity.

Power KPI Matrix doesn't support Drill-down feature. The workaround is to create a Power KPI Matrix instance for level of hierarchy.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Power KPI Matrix is designed to support any date granularity.

You should design a report for each team or just apply a filter to filter useless teams out.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

It seems periodicity in the context of KPI is not known to technical people.

If my periodicity of Profit is Quarter, the comparison of target and Actual is only for the aggregation at quarter level. Even though my aggregated actual is more than the aggregate target value for two quarters, my dashboard will show green for one quarter and red for one quarter if i am not meeting my target for that quarter.

If i change my periodicity to month, again the my KPI achievement can be entirely different. It can be only two months green and 4 months red!

Also the answer of filtering out useless teams is not the answer. First of all, how can i know the useless teams from the KPI Matrix? Please let me know.

Also my teams and businesses are hiereachial in nature. An organisation can have departments, sub departments, line of businesses etc. If from one dataset  i can not provide  KPI matrix to all my users, we are talking about a personal KPI matrix with excel data maintained only for that person or business.

My question is how i can drill down from my organisation KPI matrix to my departmental KPI matrix. If the answer is still filter out the useless departments, i will take that as the solution (infact the whole purpose of KPI matrix is to anlyse more about these USELESS (if that is your right word) departments or teams becasue they are not performing. This is more important to red into green on future KPI matrix. If you dont see these red colors and anlyse the reasons, KPI matrix is not useful. Our KPI matrix alwasys shows green and we can always feel happy after filtering out Red.

My question is how to map the Periodicity and Business (or Team) structure in my KPI matrix. OR is it only meant for one individual?

Power KPI Matrix calculates variance by Actaul and Comparison values of latest available date.

If you need to show month granularity, you have to aggegate data by months and use an instance of Power KPI Matrix for each date granularity.

Power KPI Matrix doesn't support Drill-down feature. The workaround is to create a Power KPI Matrix instance for level of hierarchy.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors