Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Percentiles by group and date

Good morning community, 

I have tried all my tricks and I cannot figure out how to recreate the graph below in Power Bi. Please help!

For reference, my data includes individual-level data, each individual belongs to a department within the organization. The line in dark blue represents the mean of a specific measure for the entire organization. The line in light blue is the mean of the same measure for one specific department within the organization. The light green area is the score between the 25th and 50th percentile for all the departments in the organization and the light red area is the score between 50th and 75th percentile for all the department in the organization. To add complexity all the measures are calculated by date (month, quarter, year - in the graph you see the data by quarter). 

My question to you all is: 

how do I calculate departments percentiles by date? and how do I color in between lines?

Any direction would be extremely helpful, 

Warmest regards, 

Estefania

graph.PNG

1 REPLY 1
v-evelk
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Do you want to develop something similar or you look for exisitng such a visual?

If you look for a visual please check Power BI Visual Store.

If it is question regarding visual development so, I recommend you to check our public visual repositories to look at the examples.

I can suppose that you should use grouping bucket and put there date field and other fields may be used as measures from other buckets. Then, when your data is grouped by date, you will be able to calculate all necessery things and build areas and line using d3 library.

Please, provide more details to understand your issue more clearly.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors