Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rhershfield
Frequent Visitor

New Custom Visuals Support in Excel Not Working

SUMMARY:

I cannot insert a Power BI custom visual into an Excel sheet becasue the new Excel Insert Chart dialog's Custom Visuals tab does not display.

DETAILS:

1. I followed the instructions at the following link to get started:

https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-visuals/docs/building-for-excel/overview/  

I am signed up as an Office Insider (not Monthly Channel).

I am using the Office for Windows Desktop Build 10313.20013 or greater

2. I followed the instructions in the following link to Set Up Excel for Side Loading Add-Ins

https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-visuals/docs/building-for-excel/testing-in-excel/

I created a shared folder as instructed. Within the shared folder is a subfolder with the manifests for the example visuals given in the link above.

3. I followed the instructions to Sideload a .pbiviz File and this is where what I see differs from the article at the link above.

When I select “Insert Custom Visual”, according to the article, I should have a dialog with three tabs where the third tab is labeled “Custom Visuals”, but I am missing the Custom Visuals tab, so I cannot insert a custom visual.

Any idea what's wrong and how to get the Custom Visuals tab to appear would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors