cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhershfield
Frequent Visitor

New Custom Visuals Support in Excel Not Working

SUMMARY:

I cannot insert a Power BI custom visual into an Excel sheet becasue the new Excel Insert Chart dialog's Custom Visuals tab does not display.

DETAILS:

1. I followed the instructions at the following link to get started:

https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-visuals/docs/building-for-excel/overview/  

I am signed up as an Office Insider (not Monthly Channel).

I am using the Office for Windows Desktop Build 10313.20013 or greater

2. I followed the instructions in the following link to Set Up Excel for Side Loading Add-Ins

https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-visuals/docs/building-for-excel/testing-in-excel/

I created a shared folder as instructed. Within the shared folder is a subfolder with the manifests for the example visuals given in the link above.

3. I followed the instructions to Sideload a .pbiviz File and this is where what I see differs from the article at the link above.

When I select “Insert Custom Visual”, according to the article, I should have a dialog with three tabs where the third tab is labeled “Custom Visuals”, but I am missing the Custom Visuals tab, so I cannot insert a custom visual.

Any idea what's wrong and how to get the Custom Visuals tab to appear would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors