Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kky1
Helper II
Helper II

MAQ Calendar custom visual - null dates are showing as "all day" on the calendar

Hello - I'm building a calendar to show when employees are in the office for flexible work arrangements. I unpivoted a table to create two tables: start dates and times and end dates and times. But in the visual, on days when an employee is working remotely, it is showing on the calendar as "all day". 

I've tried filtering the visual to take out null values and blank values - didn't work.

Then I replaced the values with 01/01/1900 01:00 AM but that also didn't work. 

Here is the data unpivoted in the starttime and endtime tables. For the employee in the screenshot, they only come to the office on Monday and Friday. But, the calendar visual is showing them "all day" on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Thank you for any help you can provide. start dates Monday and Fridaystart dates Monday and FridayEnd dates Monday and FridayEnd dates Monday and FridayCalendar shows all day in office T-TH despite filtersCalendar shows all day in office T-TH despite filters

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kky1
Helper II
Helper II

I figured out a solution for this and am posting for other's benefit in case it's useful.

The reason it was happening is because I had my start dates in one table and my end dates in a second table. I linked the two tables on id. When I did a second link of the two tables on day name, then the issue was resolved. So I really easy fix. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kky1
Helper II
Helper II

I figured out a solution for this and am posting for other's benefit in case it's useful.

The reason it was happening is because I had my start dates in one table and my end dates in a second table. I linked the two tables on id. When I did a second link of the two tables on day name, then the issue was resolved. So I really easy fix. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors