Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

t-raatha
Regular Visitor

Legend Displaying differently on PowerBI Desktop and PowerBI Service

I was working on a custom visual using R and plotly to render a graph with multiple Y-Axes. I can see the legend as I expect to see it when I'm authoring a report on PowerBI Desktop. But I can't see the legend as I expect it in PowerBI Service when I try publishing it. I suspect it has something to do with this line of code in R, but I'm not sure:

paly1 = c("red","green")

p = plot_ly() %>%

add_lines(x = Values$Time, y = Values$ActualValues, name = paste(Values$name, "(", names(Values$name)[1], ")", " "), colors =            ~paly1) 

In this scenario, Values is a dataRole that will definitely have a 'Time' column with various timestamps for the X-Axis,  an 'ActualValues' column to be plotted along the Y-Axis, and a 'name' column for the legend. The name is something the user can filter. 

So on Desktop this is how I see the legend (as expected):

Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 8.06.13 PM.png

Value$name consists of all these rows.

But in PowerBI Service, I end up seeing:

Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 8.07.56 PM.png

And the 5 lines that are supposed to be plotted also all look blue in color.

How could I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
t-raatha
Regular Visitor

In case anyone runs into this issue as well, try manipulating the 'color' field in plotly instead of 'names'. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
t-raatha
Regular Visitor

In case anyone runs into this issue as well, try manipulating the 'color' field in plotly instead of 'names'. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors