Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ncollins1976
Advocate II
Advocate II

KPI Power Matrix Lock

Hello, 

I am really impressed with Power KPI Matrix but I can't seem to unlock features in the report.  I feel like there is something I"m missing.   Even when selected, the KPI Indicator, Comparison Value, and KPI Indicator Value will not show in the report. 

The comparison value 2 resets to Off when I attempt to cut it on, and any change I attempt to make for an individual column resets to the default value, no matter what I select.  

I have downloaded the sample version, and am able to make the alterations and changes no there. 

Am I missing a locked state setting or a specific setting that will cause the visualization to not display correctly ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can share a report by sending it to pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Deprecation message is shown if and only if there's no internet connection to access Power BI CDN.

Can you open this link and share what it returns? https://visuals.azureedge.net/prod/approvedResources.json

Another idea is to clear browser cache by removing everything at these folders:

• C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop

• C:\Users\%username%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App

• C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop SSRS

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

I couldn't reproduce the same issue.

Are you facing this issue in Power BI Desktop or Power BI web application? If it's PBI Desktop, pleas share its version.

Could you please also share a video or screenshots to troubleshoot this issue from our side?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Thanks for responding.

Yes I am experiencing this on Powerbi Desktop and replicated it in our Powerbi Web using the same report.  I did figure out the edit functioning to get trend to show, but I am still having the larger problem of conditional formatting.  I have included the below video.  

https://youtu.be/TuLj3dIZA0M

Oops, Forgot the version. I am using Desktop version Version: 2.65.5313.1381 

I think I'm getting closer to figuring out the problem but not the solution.  I noticed that an update to the KPI matrix was uploaded yesterday.  However, when I attempt to download the new update, the update does not seem to take.  Instead, the visualization  reverts back to the/a previous version.  

In the first video, I have attempted to update the current version of the program, and it looks like, initially, it works, as I see newer options. However, when I click out of the settings and somewhere else, it reverts back to the old settings, and i suspect an earlier version.  

In the next video Shown, I have deleted the power kpi matrix, and power kpi matrix visual from the report saved it and reopened it.  When I go to install KPI Matrix again,  a message tells me that i already have the visualization in the report and asks me if I would like to upgrade, despite the fact that the visualization was deleted.  

It's almost like a ghost install that won't go away.

It seems "Keep Series Settings On Filtering In Edit mode" is enabled.

Could you please make sure this option is disabled? Let me know if it helps. Otherwise, we would ask you to share a report for investigation.

image.png

Good Morning, Thanks again.  That feature is set to off in both of the graphs.  During further testing this morning, on a separate computer, the bug replicates online and on other computers, however, when another computer makes a new file, the matrix works as  designed.  

This is not the case with mine, as you will see in the second video. Even if i create a completely new file, I still can not edit the features.  THis is after a clean install. At this stage, I'm highly perplexed.  Of note, my computer shows hte latest version of powerbi, but it states it as december 2018 (unsure if this is correct).  I'd love to share my report, how do i do that.  

Future Testing this morning, 

I noticed that the visuals have a yellow "soon to be deprecatedd field on them, noting that they are an older version of the program that refuses to update.  After deleting the visual from the report, i opened the  file (changing it to a zip) and noticed the file contained the matrixkpi visual was still in custom. I deleted it out of the zip and converted it back to a pbix. 

I hoped this would fix it. I installed the visual again, and this time it gave me the indication that it was a fresh install (as opposed to the other times i tried this where it told me i was updating the visual, despite the fact that it had been deleted out).  In any case I thought this would work, but it didn't, and the file regained the same negative behavior. 

I also did a test where I used another  file sources.

1. I renamed this file source and the bug repeated

2. I used a completly differnet file source and the bug did not repeat.  

You can share a report by sending it to pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Deprecation message is shown if and only if there's no internet connection to access Power BI CDN.

Can you open this link and share what it returns? https://visuals.azureedge.net/prod/approvedResources.json

Another idea is to clear browser cache by removing everything at these folders:

• C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop

• C:\Users\%username%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App

• C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop SSRS

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors