Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Omar_204
Helper I
Helper I

How would I create a Trend Analysis visualization (line graph) using text of employee Morale

Hello, 

How would I go about creating a trend analysis visualization (line graph) to track employee morale / employee workload with Months / Years.

Currently, this is what I have:

Omar_204_0-1656101991193.png

This graph is only showing the months (X-axis) and the count for each month (Y-axis). I would like to visuialize the feelings of an employees morale such as: Good, Fantastic, OK.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
JChai
Frequent Visitor

@Omar_204 I think this broken visual has to do with either your dataset does not contain the right information or the relationships of the tables that you have defined is inaccurate. I will show you one quick example here.

I have created 3 simple tables: Date, Morale, & Fact. My Fact table contains information that can relate to Date & Morale tables where each period (Month) has Morale evaluation results for each employee (I am assuming to have 8 employees). The line chart takes Month as the Y-axis, Count of Employee ID as the X-axis, and Employee Morale as the legend. The visual from these tables are shown as below. (Note that this example is not the best but should help to give you some ideas to work on yours) Thanks.

JChai_0-1657568347408.png

Hi @JChai,

When I went to create a line graph, it's showing only Axis NOT X-Axis or Y-Axis. How did you get both of these fields to appear.

See below.

Omar_204_0-1657807435698.png

JChai
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Omar_204,

I am not certain how your data looks like but I think adding the MORALE column as legend for the line chart should work fine for your objective.

Best,

JKC

Hi @JChai ,

I added the MORALE column to the legend and it's only showing up as dots/points. I want this trend graph to show as a line graph. 

The Axis is the Months, and the values is set to the count of morale.

Omar_204_0-1657555433499.png

Any ideas ?

Thank you.

Why your Y Axis has only to values, 1 and 2 ? 

Shouldn't be Y-Axis Sum instead of Count?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors