Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Yanx
Frequent Visitor

Hierarchy Slicer

Yesterday, the custom hierarchy slicer went blank. It shows up fine in my .pbix but on PBI.com it is blank, all other visuals are showing correctly.

Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hierarchy Slicer has a known issue that was fixed in v1.2.0.

This version is going to be available next Monday.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Version 1.2.1.0 doesn't resolve this issue with the slicers appearing as empty visualizations in Power BI Web.

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jppp Is this a known issue?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

As of today (05/10/2018 @ 10:00 EST) the Hierarchy Slicer appears to be working again.

While I'm glad/relieved about this, it scares the crap out of me that updates/upgrades to the Power BI Web Service aren't tested very thoroughly.

I'm also very concerned that many of the custom visualizations that Microsoft endorses aren't necessarily supported.  Microsoft even has language that indicates that they reserve the right to bail on "certified" custom visualizations.

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

We're working on long term solution to prevent such issues in future due to updating some third party custom visuals.

We always test Power BI service and Desktop deeper but we can not guarantee the same for third patry custom visuals.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

kwu
Frequent Visitor

Hi support, I am having the same problem today (10/2/2019) which is a year after this message was posted. Hopefully, I can get some help here. My hierarchy slicer went blank today in powerbi.com using IE11. I tested in Chrome and it works fine. I cleared the cache in my IE11 and it still doesn't work. I recreated the slicer and didn't work either. My users are all using IE11 unfortunately. It was working fine yesterday. Any idea?

Hi @kwu ,

There is an issue with the HierarchySlicer and Internet Explorer and a fix is comming.

Please use another browser (Chrome, Firefox or Edge) as a workaround.

Thanks, Jan Pieter

kwu
Frequent Visitor

Hi Jan,

Same problem with the hierarchy slicer happened again today. The Slicer went blank in IE11. Can you take a look and fix accordingly?

Thanks.

kwu
Frequent Visitor

The hierarchy slicer is back to normal now. Thanks for fixing it.

We have this problem as well for quite a number of our reports

The filter was sourced from the Market place in each instance.

Is there any action required on our part for the affected reports once the fix has been released?

Thanks,

John

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors