Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Visual

Hello!

I'm not sure if this is in the correct area so please forgive me if I put it in the wrong spot!

I am having some trouble trying to figure out how to build a filter for visualization for our upper management. Basically, what I need:

• Side by Side visual of contract information for contracts that were terminated and started in any given period of time.
    • The type of information will be contract base rates, number of equipment, etc.

The problem I'm running in to is with the filtering. So if our COO wants to view all contracts that were terminated in March vs all contracts that were started in March, I can use the standard visuals but because the date filter would have to be set for both, it's only going to pull contracts that have a start date in March AND a termination date in March. I want all contracts that have a termination date of March OR a start date in March.  And, I need to do it in a way where the COO can change the date range as he needs it.

I just can't figure out the filtering. I'm not sure if a customized visualization would help fix this or if there's a way to set up two filters in one that use the "OR". 

Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-evelk
Employee
Employee

Hello,

You can just duplicate the table with data for a report and use different tables that in fact contain the same data -- it will give you an abiliy to show the same data in comparison with different periods in the same report page.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-evelk
Employee
Employee

Hello,

You can just duplicate the table with data for a report and use different tables that in fact contain the same data -- it will give you an abiliy to show the same data in comparison with different periods in the same report page.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shiny!!! This is brilliant! Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors