Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sohrab
Helper I
Helper I

Heat Streams Bug? - Category Items Hidden by Background

Hi,

I'm getting a LOT of value out of the Heat Streams custom visual!

I have run into what appears to be a layout bug when

1 - a background is enabled on the visual and

2 - the visual's height exceeds some threshold

When this threshold is exceeded appear to render OK, but the associated category values towards the bottom appear to be rendered *behind* the visual background. In the case of a black backround, black category values will be invisible. In the screenshots below, I have adjusted background transparency to demostrate the effect, though in my working example, transparency is set to 0%, making the text totally invisible.

For now, I'm working around the issue by disabling the background, but this doesn't look correct in the context of the rest of my report pages.

Thanks!

Category Items at Bottom Left obscured by backgroundCategory Items at Bottom Left obscured by backgroundBackground Disabled, category items visibleBackground Disabled, category items visible

1 REPLY 1
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

It seems Heat Streams always use white background. We'll report this issue to developer to consider in new versions.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors