Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

letitiabiagi
Frequent Visitor

Has word cloud stopped working for anyone else since the April update?

I've updated PowerBI (April 2017 version 2.45.4704.442) and none of my old word cloud visualizations are working anymore. I've tried updating my custom visual to the lastest (version 1.2.9). Has anyone else experienced this problem? 

8 REPLIES 8
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @letitiabiagi

Thanks for your feedback.

Word Cloud workds well to me in Power BI Desktop 2.46.4732.461 64-bit (May 2017).

Are you able to reproduce the issue on another PC?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

I am currently running version 2.46.4732.461 (May, 2017) and I am getting the same "NaN" issue as @ellioth .

Upon opening the dashboard, all word clouds on a tab show the error. Expanding one fixes it, and then going back to report fixes the other Word Cloud Visuals on the tab, but reverts the expanded/reverted one back to "NaN" issue.

Looking at the online version of the same dashboard, we are also getting the "Nan" issue, but the expanding/reverting of one visual fixes all visuals on the tab, including the expanded one.

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @emccar , @ellioth

Do you have any null values in your data-set?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Oh wow, yes I did have null values, and when I filter them out the visuals seem to work now!

Thank you very much for the help, can't beleive I didn't think to try that!

Filtering out blanks fixed the issue for me too. Thank you @v-viig!

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm very happy to hear that Smiley Happy.

Anyway, we'll provide a fix that resolves this problem soon.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

@v-viig Yes! I do. Let me remove those and see if that fixes the issue. I'll report back.

I'm running into an issue with the word clouds in Power BI Embedded in the browser. I have an embedded dashboard with word clouds which, in the desktop version, works just fine but in the browser it looks like this: 2017-05-08 13_01_04-Report - PowerBI Dashboard Solutions.png

After clicking the "Expand" button, it shows the actual wordcloud in the expanded view. 

After clicking "Back to dashboard" the display issues return for the previously expanded word cloud but the other one is displaying fine, I clicked "expand" on the top one:

2017-05-08 13_02_12-Report - PowerBI Dashboard Solutions 2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors