Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jonkassoff
Frequent Visitor

Gantt chart bug

I downloaded the custom visualization and the options seem different in the one available now. I see the option to include a "Parent" which will be useful but I think if there was an update that something was broken in the process. No matter what I try it is not possible to color anything differently, it seems the Legend is not functioning. It is mentioned in the title but I cannot get it to display.

Also, when I group tasks together (which is a great feature) I do run into a problem for tasks that occur near each other in time. The titles overlap and cannot be read. Is there a way to group the tasks but not have titles overlap?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. The issue is clear now.

Colors are not available as Duration data field is empty. Color feature work in conjuction with Duration and Task.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Colors feature works well on our side.

Could you please share a screenshot or Power BI Desktop report to reproduce both issues on our end?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Gantt chart.PNG

I tried to get it working by selecting "Track" as the legend. Maybe I am missing something simple?

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. The issue is clear now.

Colors are not available as Duration data field is empty. Color feature work in conjuction with Duration and Task.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.