Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dexter09
Regular Visitor

Filter table based on clicking the values in other table(matrix)

Hello everyone,

I have one matrix and one table. The matrix is shown below.

In this matrix. It tells the total strength of the grade in each section. For example, for Fifth grade C section the total strength was 29. Here is the another table.

TableTable

It contains the data as split-wise strength for each section for all grades. When the user click any number in the matrix, for example if we click the number highlighted in the matrix, the table would be refreshed/filtered to show the selected detail.

Matrix:

image.png

The value 29 is for second grade D section. So the table would be refreshed to show only for Second grade D section like below

Table:

image.png

Whatever the count is clicked on the matrix the table should refreshed or filtered to show only the details for the selected value. However, the matrix should not refreshed when the user clicks the table.

Note: All the data shown here are dynamic data. No of columns and rows can be changed at any time.

6 REPLIES 6
v-evelk
Employee
Employee

Hello,

You shoul enable "Edit Interactions" option and switch off filtration for Matrix as on picture below

EditInteractions.PNG

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Thanks for your reply Evgenii Elkin. I posted my scenario and i need a solution for that. I attached the sample results as image. I didnt acieve the scenario in powerBI. So please give me a solution for the scenario i explained on top. At this stage I have one table and one matrix. I dont know how to proceed after that [(i.e) by selecting a value in matrix the table should filtered to show the selected details]. Thanks in advance. 

Do I correctly understand that you want that click by matrix cell has to filter data in the table, but click by a table row doesn't has to filer matrix?

Also, do I correctly understand that currently they filter each other?

If so, in my answer I showed how to manage filtering relationship. Using this feature you can switch of filtering for a certain visual.

Probably, I explained too short and unclear so, please read this article to figure out with Visuals Interaction feature.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer

There is little deviation in understanding. The matrix and table are not filtering each other. I cant establish relationship between those two. Simply I have one matrix and one table with no relationship.

"There is little deviation in understanding. The matrix and table are not filtering each other. I cant establish relationship between those two. Simply I have one matrix and one table with no relationship."

Could you clarify please, do matrix and table visuals use the same dataset or it's different datasets? Are your datasets related?

Also, please look through that page to learn about datasets' relationship.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer

Look i have created a bar analysis with Power BI, it helped me alot with slicers, just 1 click & treans chnages with quantity i need.

Power bi comment.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.