Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pbiembeded
Regular Visitor

Export JSON data in to CSV format on button click Of Custom Visual

Thanks for the help in advance.

I have 2 questions :

1.  How one can export JSON data into excel or csv from custom visual on Javascript button click event ?

I want to export JSON data into CSV file from Custom Visual on Javascript button click event. My data size could go upto 100MB. Please let me knwo if you have any sugeestions.

2. How I can fix below exception?

I tried export to excel using windows.open on button click, but I am getting below exception: 

Block windows.open  in new window  because the request was made in sandbox frame whoes "allowed-popups" permissions is not set.

Please let me knwo if anyone knows how to fix this exception.

Total I have 2 things.

1 REPLY 1
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @pbiembeded,

Your error is basically that - visuals run in a sandboxed iframe and are not permitted to export data. The only permission currently set is allow-scripts.

It is unlikely that MS will change this, but you can always make a feature request in the GitHub repo for the SDK. There is already one for something similar that you could probably add your voice to.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.