Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cantoneye
Frequent Visitor

Custom Visual: Slicer selection display won't stay when page changes. (Visuals will reload)

Hi there,

I developed a timeline slicer. Everything works fine except that I realised the selection display won't stay when I shifted page. I know when page changes, the visual will automatically reload and hence runs the constructor and reset the visual to default state. How can I prevent the reload or set the constructor to reload the previous status? Is it the workaround something to do with bookmarking? Ken

Slicer date range displayedSlicer date range displayedSlicer date range disappeared after reload.Slicer date range disappeared after reload.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

You are right, you can restore filter from update options.

If you use API 2.2 or higher, you will be able to read property jsonFilters from Options parameter inside Update method.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-evelk
Employee
Employee

Hi,

How do you pick the data in the slicer, through a Selction mechanism or Filter API?

If you work with a slicer it is recommended to use the second option.

Also, every time when you change the size of a visual, the Constructor woun't be called, only Update method will be.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer

Hi Evgenii,

I use Filter API. So I have no problem with the filter even though the page changes and the visual reload, the data is still filtered. However, the visual needs to display which is filtered. When page changes or the dashboard refresh, I think the visual will reload and the Constructor will be called. I believe something must be done in the Constructor to call back my previous status.

Hi,

You are right, you can restore filter from update options.

If you use API 2.2 or higher, you will be able to read property jsonFilters from Options parameter inside Update method.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer

Thanks for your help!! It works now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors