Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hmosdell
Regular Visitor

Custom Funnel with Category Splits?

Hi all,

I am trying to build a custom funnel chart that looks something like this: 

hmosdell_0-1647625804917.png

I have two general questions, and then I will get into the nitty gritty of what I've built so far:

1. Is there a way to split each funnel level into categories like this?

2. Is there a way to show the step by step conversion rates without the user having to hover over the level?

Into my data:

Each of my definitions for sales funnel stages exists in a different table, so I created a measure for each with the filters necessary to get the right quantities. I then built a date bridge table so I can use one slicer on all the dates I need (traffic date, lead created date, etc). 

hmosdell_1-1647626053278.png

Within my Traffic table, I have a column called "Default channel grouping" that defines all of the categories I want my funnel to be split into. In my other 3 tables, however, there is a column called "referral source" with urls that I will have to manually group and categorize as social, paid, etc. to match the default channel grouping from the Traffic table.

Once I create channel groups with the "referral source" column in my 3 tables, how would I go about creating a bridge table so that I can use one slicer on the entire funnel for "Default channel grouping"? And how would I create the splits on each funnel level by those categories?

This is what my DAX looks like for each sales level. It is pretty much the same for each, with different filters and table names depending on how we define the level.

hmosdell_2-1647626416100.png

My Traffic table does not have a relationship to any of the other tables as we do not have a way to attribute traffic to leads until they enter our sales funnel (e.g. give us contact info), so the Traffic table has a many to one relationship with the Date Table I created. Each of the other 3 tables also has an inactive relationship to the Date Table by created date that I activate with my measures (USERELATIONSHIP).

The other 3 tables (Lead, Opportunity, Account) have a one to one relationship on "Id". I hope that helps explain my data structure but happy to help explain in further detail. 

Thank you in advance for any help!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors