Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LayerWulf

Comparing two dates on the Y axis

Hello Community,

I'm trying to duplicate a chart I created in Excel into PBI. I need to compare the difference in shipping dates vs. installation dates for certain equipment. Therefore, the X axis will be the equipment ID's and the Y will compare the two dates for each tool. In Excel I have 3 columns: Tool ID, Ship Date, Install Date and it's graphed out as such. The data labels are just the difference in days between the two days. I have not been able to replicate this in PBI. Any assistance/guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

PBI Chart.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you. I took your advice but created a new column using DateDiff to acquire the whole number. 

PBI Chart 2.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You are using a visual type that is unsuitable for the story you are telling. A line chart implies a dependency between the items on the x axis, like a temporal succession. Your products are independent of each other and should not be connected via a line.  Use a column chart instead.

You can convert dates to Whole Number format and use that for the column values.

Thank you. I took your advice but created a new column using DateDiff to acquire the whole number. 

PBI Chart 2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.