Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clustered Stacked Combo Column Chart

Dear All,

Is there anyway we can get a Power BI chart or PB Custom Visualization as below. I built it in Excel.  

2020-02-20 Clustered Stacked Combo Column Chart.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

If you wish to request this for inclusion in Power BI's core visual functionality, there is an idea you can vote on here.

This particular visual could be built using the custom visuals SDK or Charticulator, which offers the option to export your work as a custom visual that you can load into a Power BI report.

If you're looking for someone to develop the visual for you, there are a number of consulting services on AppSource that you may be able to engage with.

Hopefully this gives you some ideas on how you might be able to proceed.

Regards,

Daniel

EDIT: I had a look in the Marketplace and this is the closest I can get to your design (I've added a matrix showing the mocked-up data; I haven't done the measures for %):

image.png

The visual is Stacked Column Chart by Akvelon, which has a small multiple capability and can give the impression of having a secondary x-axis. I understand that this is not perfect but may give you another avenue to explore. I've attached the workbook below also in case you want to have a quick look without the setup, or see if you can improve my attempt (which is more than likely possible).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

If you wish to request this for inclusion in Power BI's core visual functionality, there is an idea you can vote on here.

This particular visual could be built using the custom visuals SDK or Charticulator, which offers the option to export your work as a custom visual that you can load into a Power BI report.

If you're looking for someone to develop the visual for you, there are a number of consulting services on AppSource that you may be able to engage with.

Hopefully this gives you some ideas on how you might be able to proceed.

Regards,

Daniel

EDIT: I had a look in the Marketplace and this is the closest I can get to your design (I've added a matrix showing the mocked-up data; I haven't done the measures for %):

image.png

The visual is Stacked Column Chart by Akvelon, which has a small multiple capability and can give the impression of having a secondary x-axis. I understand that this is not perfect but may give you another avenue to explore. I've attached the workbook below also in case you want to have a quick look without the setup, or see if you can improve my attempt (which is more than likely possible).

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @dm-p,

Thanks for great advice, I´m also looking for a clustered and stacked column chart. Is there any way to remove the multiple Y-axes? So I only have one Y-axis to the far left?

Thanks,

Helena

Hi @Anonymous,

I've reviewed the settings in that visual and it looks like there's no such option. I'd suggest following up with the vendor if you'd like to request such a feature.

Regards,

Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors