Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Circular bar plot with 2 values

Hello,

I need to draw a graph similar to the one in the figure:

radar.png

As you can see, 2 values ​​are being represented at the same time, a black line indicates the target value and the bar the real value. In turn, the bars are grouped by type.
I have tried to represent it in multiple ways but I have not succeeded, I need help.

Thank you so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

I've taken your chart and exported my own custom visual and I can reproduce your issue,  so looks like this might be a bug in the latest version.

I've taken your file and applied to an older version (that PowerBI.tips make available at charts.powerbi.tips), and repeated the process (open the .chart file and export), and the one generated there - which also uses an older plugin, seems to work as expected:

dm-p_0-1608228521990.png

I've attached the workbook (and my generated visual) for your reference, but if you use this older version for now you should be okay.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dm-p 

Thank you very much, I have been able to deliver the work on time thanks to you.

I hope to be able to return the help I have received in the community

Regards,

Jesus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello again @dm-p 
I forgot to say that I checked the box "tooltips"

Regards

Hi @Anonymous,

I've taken your chart and exported my own custom visual and I can reproduce your issue,  so looks like this might be a bug in the latest version.

I've taken your file and applied to an older version (that PowerBI.tips make available at charts.powerbi.tips), and repeated the process (open the .chart file and export), and the one generated there - which also uses an older plugin, seems to work as expected:

dm-p_0-1608228521990.png

I've attached the workbook (and my generated visual) for your reference, but if you use this older version for now you should be okay.

Regards,

Daniel

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

munnaz
Frequent Visitor

Hi @dm-p Thanks for sharing! I would love to give this visual a crack. I was wondering if you could share the template file that i would be able to use to import via Charticulator? .json or .tmplt 

dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

To the best of my knowledge there are very few radial visuals available, and not one that could immediately fit your requirements. 

The shortest path (without writing any code) would be to use Charticulator to create something like this, using a radial plot segment. You can export your work as a custom visual file that you can import into Power BI. This example could help you get started.

If you need specific guidance on how to do this, please provide some sample data for your mockup and I will see if I can break it down for you. 

Regards,

Daniel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @dm-p 

I think I have managed to paint something similar with charticulator, but I have a problem.

Is it possible to show tooltips with charticulator visualizations?

When I use the visualization in power bi I do not see that the tooltips are shown in the graph.

Could you help me?
Thanks in advance

Jesús

Hi @Anonymous,

In Charticulator, there's these properties for a mark:

dm-p_0-1608069181152.png

Did you ensure that Tooltips was selected for your desired data point?

If so, it's hard to diagnose without further info - are you able to provide a copy of your .chart file so I can have a look? You can obtain the file by going to your saved charts (from the Open screen) and clicking the download button, e.g.:

dm-p_1-1608069321329.png

Please bear in mind that .chart definitions contain the data you're working with in the app (as the definition is persisted into your browser's local storage), so please ensure this is safe to share publicly if posting on this forum.

Regards,

Daniel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dm-p , thanks again.

Don't worry, it's mock data.

attach the file:
https://we.tl/t-EGZHNTh4xs

Thanks in advance

Jesús

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors