Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Janie12
Frequent Visitor

Chiclet slicer not displaying on report server

I've used the chiclet slicer without issues previously, but it's not being displayed in a newly published report on the report server now. Instead is coming up with the following error message: 

Can't display this visual.
To see this custom visual, add it to this report first: ChicletSlicer1448559807354
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Time: Mon Mar 13 2023 10:58:08 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time)
Service version: /powerbi/libs

Existing reports with the chiclet slicer are still working fine. Does anyone know what the issue is? When I downloaded the slicer again into the report, it mentioned a new version is currently being deployed and will be available in 10 days. Or is it to do with the Sep 2022 Power BI for report server version?

3 REPLIES 3
Janie12
Frequent Visitor

Thanks very much @dm-p . we're still on the origial September 22 version, so that probably explains it. However, it's odd that existing reports with the chiclet slicer are still working fine, and only newly published reports have the issue. We are planning to upgrade to the latest version. Fingers crossed that'll fix it without creating issues with something else.

Thanks

Jana

Janie12
Frequent Visitor

Thanks very much for your reply Daniel. We are currently on the September 2022 Report Server version, so that probably explains it then. I'll check with our IT about the Dec fix, however, oddly enough in existing reports the chiclet slicers still load and work, it's just the new report where it doesn't. And even taking an existing report and publishing it under a new title still doesn't break the chiclet. I've downloaded the latest version, but doesn't seem to make any different. I suppose, I'll have to be patient and wait for the 2.0.2 version which will hopefully be live very soon and fix the issue. 

dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Janie12,

There was a breaking issue with custom visuals in the Sep 2022 release of Power BI Report Server, so it's possible you're seeing this here - MS issued an update in Dec that fixes this so it may be worth checking to see if you have this updated version installed.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.