Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CasualDA
Frequent Visitor

Charticulator: Null Values in Line Chart

Hello everyone,

iam currently building a Visual with Charticulator.

On the x-axis we have the calendar week and on the y-axis we have the progess in %.

The orange line is a forecast and the green line shows the real progress.

The problem i encountered is that progress values which are BLANK() in my table are shown as zero values in the chart. The green line chart for example should stop at the current calendar week and shouldnt display any more values.

Does someone know if there is a way to prevent Charticulator to show BLANK() values?

CasualDA_0-1648140668752.png

The standard PowerBI Line Chart behaves in that way. Unfortunately iam not able to use it. The shown problem is just a part of a way more complex chart.

Thanks for any adive.

Greetings,

CasualDA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jeanxyz
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I had a similar issue. Here is my solution, select the symbol - attribute -in visibility set up, the default is conditional context - change it to a value field (e.g., [active headcount])- click the field and select boolean condition greater than 0.1, then the 0 symbols will disppear. 

charticulator supress 0.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Charticulator has always casted null/blank values to zero as part of its dataset processing. Unfortunately there's no way to currently work around it, apart from possibly replacing them with a textual value, but this usually results in the field being treacted as text by Charticulator rather than numbers, and some functionality gets lost.

If you're looking to get an improvement around this behaviour, the team monitor all bug reports and feature requests in their GitHub repository - I'd suggest creating an issue in there to request changes around this behaviour.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Jeanxyz
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I had a similar issue. Here is my solution, select the symbol - attribute -in visibility set up, the default is conditional context - change it to a value field (e.g., [active headcount])- click the field and select boolean condition greater than 0.1, then the 0 symbols will disppear. 

charticulator supress 0.png

Thanks. I chose a similar solution since i still wanted to show 0 values. I set all null/blank values in my dataset to a negative value and then used the filter as you described.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.