Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change value name in donut

Hi guys,

I want to change the value name in the donut/cirkel graph.

So not the legend name but the value name.

Thanks in advance guys!

5 REPLIES 5
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

So in this picture, the data labels come from the date column. You can either use another column, or create a new column maybe with an IF statement that correlates directly to the current column, and use that.  Also you might look at the second picture where you can format the display of the data labels.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

pie chart.PNG

pie chart 2.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nathaniel_C 

No, I only want to change the name of the values. For example at the top of your data donut, I would like to change 3/6/2019 to for example "3 juni 2019". If your donut had another value for example; Marital Status. I would like to change the value name of "Married" to "Happly Married.

I hope you understand what I mean. 

Regards, Poweringbi123

Hi @Anonymous ,

So if you mean to go in and individually change one label, there is currently no way to do that.  However those values are coming from a column in your data.  You could create a column that references that column, so that "Married" is read as "Happily Married."

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Nathaniel_C 

Thanks for your message. Could  I create a reference column in DirectQuery?

Regards.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am not sure. Is there any reason that you are using DirectQuery rather than importing the data? I scanned this doc  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-use-directquery

for the difference. You may have to create a new table that you can connect to your existing table. How much data are you working with, and how many changes are you proposing?

Nathaniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors