Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pade
Advocate III
Advocate III

Card Browser - Measures, Attribute order, and sorting

I have noticed some problems with the excelent Card Browser visual

1. I can't add measures as input parameter to the visual. Since this is not possible I need to materialize all texts and url's in columns. Kind of expensive in huges tables
  2. I have noticed that the visual shows the parameters in the order they was added to the visual. E.g. if I add FirstName before LastName in the Visual, I will see FirstName LastName. But if I re-arrange the order of the parameters I will still se FirstName LastName in the visual

Thanks for a good visual

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on applying measure on Card browser, as to when we could expect?

Hello,

The message from Card Browser developers was the following:

Sent: March 8, 2019

"We’ve reviewed the Card Browser source code and updated it to use measures instead of categorical for the content, summary, and metadata fields. It has been submitted to the store so should see release as soon as it is reviewed. You may need to update your workbook to specify the summarization field, but it should do what you’re looking for once released."

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your quick response.

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank you for the feedback.

We'll report these issues to developer for further investigation.

Regarding the second issue. Have you tried to remove columns from the field and add all of columns in a proper order?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Thanks Ignat,

Yes I have tried to re-add the columns in correct order, and it works. Not a good solution though... 

Also, when you talk to the developer I have another issue that might require a new visual, but also can be added on this visual:

I'm using this visual for creating a Kanban board ontop of my ticketing system. Since I can't devide/classify the cards into swim-lanes in the visual itself, I'm using more than one visual at the same page in the report. I then have two problems:

1. As a custom Visual can't expand out of it's boundaries (and I'm taking up space on the canvas using more than one visual), an the expanded card gets quite/too small. Maybe the new tooltip capability might be able to be used here, but it would be better with a build in capability for this
  2. As my visuals is quite small (due to taking up space with mutiple visuals on the canvas), I would like to be able to define the max size of the cards. I have been able to define the max size for the width of the card (or rather define the width of the card), but I have not been able to define the max hight (or rather define the hight) of the card.

If the visual owner would be able to add these capabilities to the visual, I can see a good Kanban visual out of this:

• Add the posibility to define swimlanes in the visual by defining row and column
  • Add the posibility to filter each swimlate on different attributes. One filter per swimlane would be ok, since all the filter logic could be places in a column value for each swimlane. This could probably also be solved in many other ways
  • Make sure the (max) height of a card can be defined, this since creating a Kanban requires smaller cards
  • Let expanding a card overlay all swimlanes if needed, this since the current card expansion is to small to be used in a Kanban senario

Not sure you understand, but I'm adding a picture of how my Kanban currently looks like below

ttt.jpg

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

We've shared the addition details with a developer.

We'll get back once we get a reply from a developer.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.