Hi there, I'm really struggling with the custom visuals on AppSource. Keeping updated what did change when is nearly impossible (at least in an efficient way):
- Most custom visuals lack a change log, on some you feel the version numbers have been given out by random process.
- There seems to be no correlation between last updated date and a new version number.
- There is no consistent naming scheme for the pbiviz files.
- Visual Name on the page and in the files are not consistent (Sankey Chart and file is Sankey Diagramm)
- Before it was distinguished in custom visuals and r powered visuals. How can I distuinguish them now on AppSource ?
Overall this gives an impression of a very low level of quality control. Now what one would expect i guess.
Would it be possible to have at least:
- for each visual a change log, even better would be to have the change log available as a json feed, so once can easily see what did change when.
- Also a naming scheme for the pbiviz files "Vendor_VisualName_VersionNumber" would be very helpful.
Thank you so much for the feedback.
We'll consider your suggestions.
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!
Check out how to claim yours today!
Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.