Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TinHau
Frequent Visitor

AppSource Hell

Hi there, I'm really struggling with the custom visuals on AppSource. Keeping updated what did change when is nearly impossible (at least in an efficient way):

- Most custom visuals lack a change log, on some you feel the version numbers have been given out by random process.

- There seems to be no correlation between last updated date and a new version number.

- There is no consistent naming scheme for the pbiviz files.

- Visual Name on the page and in the files are not consistent (Sankey Chart and file is Sankey Diagramm)

- Before it was distinguished in custom visuals and r powered visuals. How can I distuinguish them now on AppSource ?

Overall this gives an impression of a very low level of quality control. Now what one would expect i guess. 

Would it be possible to have at least:

- for each visual a change log, even better would be to have the change log available as a json feed, so once can easily see what did change when.

- Also a naming scheme for the pbiviz files "Vendor_VisualName_VersionNumber" would be very helpful.

1 REPLY 1
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @TinHau

Thank you so much for the feedback.

We'll consider your suggestions.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors