Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SatyaVaitla
Helper I
Helper I

Always increasing is good in a Power KPI Matrix?

in the sample, i see always increasing is good ( if actual value is more than target value the color is green ). But one of the KPI property in any scorecard is whether the increasing is good or decreasing is good or constant is good. For example, for sales increasing is good, for wastage reduction is goood, for constant temperature constant is good. How to confugure my KPIs based on this property in Power KPI Matrix?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You should calculate KPI Index for such values.

Please visit KPI Indicator Instructions page of the sample report to fint out how to generate a KPI index properly.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

For the KPI Indicator visual click on the Format tab (the paint roller), and then in KPI General look at the options for Banding Type. The three choices are Increasing is better, Decreasing is better, and Closer is better. You want the middle option by the sounds of it.

Chris

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Please take a look at this sample report to find out more.

This sample report is actually a step-by-step tutorial.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

I wnt trhough the sample but could not find where to map my Increasing is Bad (for my wastage) where the graph should show higher values in red and lower values in green. i.e if i exceed my target of 3% wastage, it should show red (where as for sales, if my actual value is more than target value, it should be green).

Please let me know where to map this field.

You should calculate KPI Index for such values.

Please visit KPI Indicator Instructions page of the sample report to fint out how to generate a KPI index properly.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

For the KPI Indicator visual click on the Format tab (the paint roller), and then in KPI General look at the options for Banding Type. The three choices are Increasing is better, Decreasing is better, and Closer is better. You want the middle option by the sounds of it.

Chris

Hi, I couldn't find these options under KPI Indicator nor KPI Indicator Value. Are we talking about the same Power KPI Matrix visual?

@Chris99 wrote:

Chris

@HarisF  Apologies, it must have been one of the custom KPI visuals we were trying at the time. For the standard KPI visual look in Color Coding. There is a Direction (eg "Low is good" or "High is good"), and you can set three colours which are used based on your Goals settings.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Hi,

You will not find because Power KPI matrix use KPI Indicator Index to detect indicator for a metric.

I am not sure what visual Chris meant.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.