Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sharathm
Regular Visitor

Allow users to choose columns from table to bookmark

Hello,

Currently, I have a table with around 250 columns of data and 50 users looking for different columns. Is there a way to allow users to bookmark a view with the columns that they are interested in from the table?

3 REPLIES 3
v-evelk
Employee
Employee

Hello,

I am unsure that clearly understand your issue.

I suppose, you could transpose your data and add some slicer into a report to allow users to pick necessary information.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Thanks @v-evelk for your response.

Slicer can be used to filter number of rows but not columns.

Please find below scenario.

Table in the report shows 250 attributes  Eg: Store Name, City, State, Address, Col4, ............... Col250.

User1 is interested to see data of Columns 1-10 only. 

User2 needs data of Col1, Col3, Col5, ......... Col250 only

User50 needs data of Col1, Col10, Col100, Col250.

How can respective user create their own bookmark with the columns that they need.

Note - Users needs to download data with relevant columns and share it with other teams. Instead of downloading all 250 attributes data and clearing off the columns that are not needed everytime is a tedious task, also creating individual report for each user and maitaining it (add/remove columns) is also a overhead, In this context, can we allow user to choose their own list of columns?

I hope this clarifies.

Please let me know if you have more questions or need more details.

Regards,

Sharath

Hi Sharath,

I got it, but I am afraid that it's impossible, at least at custom visual development level.

You can also clarify this moment in Desktop thread -- they have more expertise regarding specific usage of Power BI.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors