Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maazs
Regular Visitor

upload csv with 5000000 records

I tried importing a sample .csv file having 50,00,000 records. As per Power BI limitations it allows

5,000,000 max rows stored per table in ‘none retention policy’ dataset as mentioned in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn950053.aspx 

But this doesn't work.It imports only 1000000 records and the rest are ignored. Do i need to do things diffrently for importing such huge data? 

4 REPLIES 4
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

@maazs

This limitation applies to the REST APIs. So if you are feeding data to powerbi using REST APIs, there are some limitations otherwise, you can import as many records as you like. So far no limitations. The only limitation applies is whether your machine have enough RAM to store those data.

I imported a table with 70 columns and 75 million records of .csv file into powerbi as so far it is working good.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

@BhaveshPatel

I again tried importing the .csv with just 2 columns and 50 million records. The issue still persists.

Can you please post the actual message your are getting.

If possible, upload your file as well. So I can test it.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

@BhaveshPatel

Not able to upload test file here Man Sad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors