Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Netrelemo
Helper IV
Helper IV

Why is this community so desperate to mark everything as solved?

I really struggle with this. 

• If question gets posted, then immediatly an incessant stream of nagging begins to "mark it as solved".  
  • A statement like this tagged onto the conversation doesn't make sense: "If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly." There is a world of difference between some feedback being useful, and it being The Solution. Feedback being useful is "likable", or "up-votable" but not neccessariy "The Solution". 
  • Some posts just get marked as being "The Solution". Not "We think this is a solution - do you agree?", but rather "we've decided this is a solution"  >> that's what it implies. 

I'm not the biggest user, and I'm not neccesarily useful in this community, but just thought I'd throw my two cents worth and say.... I get the feeling of being subtley maniuplated. 

1 REPLY 1
JCM_iTalent
Employee
Employee

@Netrelemo Marking a post as a solution makes it easier for users to identify threads with potential fixes to issues that they are experiencing, while also helping Super Users, the Community Support Team, and others find issues that have not been resolved.
What you see "tagged" to a post is a signature that encourages users to mark a post as a solution. If you don't feel that a post is a solution to your issue, you are in no way obligated to mark it as a solution.
As you stated, it can happen that a post that has been marked as a solution does not resolve your specific issue. If this is the case, we suggest that you respond to the thread or create a new thread, explaining what options you have already tried.
I hope this addresses your concerns.
Thanks for sharing your feedback and for being a member of this community!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors