Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bunceg

Why have yet another sign-in for community boards in Power-BI

<rant on>

Why on earth in this day of Office 365, Microsoft accounts etc do I need to sign up with yet another user name and password to post on the community board, with a *different* set of credential than those I use to actually access the online Power BI dashboard itself (that *does* use the Office 365 credentials).

Can someone in the Power BI team explain this please?

Is ths because you are using Lithium - why use something else new?... you *must* have a ton of these services in use by Microsoft already that allows Single Sign On with your other authentication providers...

Grrrrrr

<rant off>

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

They don't seem to want to answer that question...

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Feedback/Different-Accounts-for-Power-BI-and-Forum-Communi...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I have to say, I did initially think the same. Then I too began switching between my different O365 tenants and saw some logic in it all.

I don't think it's so much as 'not wanting to answer the question', I think the questions as to why have already been raised and addressed 🙂

Otherwise, you'd have a scenario whereby anyone with more than one O365/Power BI Logon would have to choose which account their Power BI community access is associated to. I suppose it's for the same reasons that Yammer is no longer used. But then I don't have a bottom line on that - I'm merely speculating.

Hi everyone and thanks again for your feedback. As @Greg_Deckler stated on the other topic conversation, we are still foguring out the best way to solve for this. At the end of the day we believe that the best choice is to give uour users the choice of either creating a new account for the community or using their Power BI account. We are working hard to make this happen but for now, separate account sare needed. 

Please keep the feedback coming. We woukd love to hear more about what you think of Power BI and our community.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

The Power BI related forums were moved from Technet to this site (or maybe better: just ended) and I don't see why there's at least the option to use a Microsoft account like on Technet. It's working OK there for years, isn't it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors