Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Juliecal73
Helper III
Helper III

Why are my Posts in the Spanish Community?

Hi,

I have posted a couple of things now and the follow up post from admin always comes through in Spanish and takes me to the Spanish version of the community. I have checked my profile settings and I am definitly set as English US, so what's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Juliecal73 The Spanish forum is part of the same PBI Community, so you didn't join it. You are a member of the Spanish forum, just like you have access to reading the Community Blog, etc. Your posts were merely "copied" to the Spanish forum, translated from English into Spanish. This allows Spanish speakers who are not fluent in English to follow the conversation. Your original posts are still available in English, in addition to their Spanish copies. You can ignore any notifications about Spanish versions of your posts. You can still navigate to your original English posts from your profile and participate in the Desktop forum, as usual.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi all,

Same here, it is becoming annoying to me. I don't speak spanish and never participated in their community. no idea where this is coming from.

Can Microsft help us understand how to solve this issue!

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Hello @aj1973,

Your post has been "syndicated" to the Spanish forum, translated from English into Spanish. This allows Spanish speakers who are not fluent in English to follow the conversation. Your original posts are still available in English, in addition to their Spanish copies. You can ignore any notifications about Spanish versions of your posts. You will see both the English and the Spanish version of your posts when navigating to your profile.  You can ignore the notifications in Spanish at this time. Thank you for being part of our community!

Regards,

Kinjal

Kinjal
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. I post in English and everything appears in Spanish. Very confusing...

JCM_iTalent
Employee
Employee

@Juliecal73 Your posts were being auto-translated and auto-syndicated from the Desktop forum into our new Spanish forum. This blog provides more information: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Spanish-Forum/ba-p/1094988
Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks for being a member of our community!

Sorry, I still don't understand. Did I inadvertently join the Spanish forum at some point and not the English one?

@Juliecal73 The Spanish forum is part of the same PBI Community, so you didn't join it. You are a member of the Spanish forum, just like you have access to reading the Community Blog, etc. Your posts were merely "copied" to the Spanish forum, translated from English into Spanish. This allows Spanish speakers who are not fluent in English to follow the conversation. Your original posts are still available in English, in addition to their Spanish copies. You can ignore any notifications about Spanish versions of your posts. You can still navigate to your original English posts from your profile and participate in the Desktop forum, as usual.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JCM_iTalent wrote:

@JCM_iTalent This is honestly a very confusing design choice. As you can see below, this feature makes it seem like our posts are showing up in the wrong community, and might lead people to think there's some error with their account they need to fix. Sometimes when I open posts that I've written in full english, they appear in spanish, and aren't automatically translated, and the title even says they're in the Spanish Community, which makes me think they're not appearing in the English Community

w.PNG

@JCM_iTalent Hi, I am trying to find a way to see my posts in English. Every time I go to my profile and check my posts they are in Spanish. Could you help me undertand the way I can see my posts in English and not in Spanish?

Thanks in advance

I have the same problem as Emanuel. I just got a reply to a previous blog post in Spanish - like it is hard for some to understand English it is also hard for others to understand Spanish 😉 

When replied in Spanish is it then not possible to get it translated in here in English?

Also jumping in here

I am also confused by the amount of emails I am getting

I would get 2 replies basically one in english and one in spanish to my email.

This can quickly fill up a persons email inbox if it continues - Is there anyway I can turn off emails for the Spanish portion?

Same here!

The notifications are not working is a sensible way.

I am englsih, my settings are English, so I should be able to stop Spanish translations and post notifcations and just see English posts or translations.

Please fix.  I am receiving lots of unwanted Spanish translations and post that are becoming annoying like spam.

Thanks

Hello @speedramps,

Thank you for reaching out to us and apologies for the inconveniece you have faced.

We are looking into this and will get back to you soon.

Thank you for being part of the community!

Regards,

Kinjal

Kinjal

Thank you Kinjal.

Please can you give us the problem reference number, when it was raised and what are the SLA times.

Many thanks

I am still receiving Spanish instead of English notification.  Please can you fix the problem or provide  due date for a fix. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors