cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Why are my Posts in the Spanish Community?

Hi,

I have posted a couple of things now and the follow up post from admin always comes through in Spanish and takes me to the Spanish version of the community. I have checked my profile settings and I am definitly set as English US, so what's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Why are my Posts in the Spanish Community?

@Juliecal73 The Spanish forum is part of the same PBI Community, so you didn't join it. You are a member of the Spanish forum, just like you have access to reading the Community Blog, etc. Your posts were merely "copied" to the Spanish forum, translated from English into Spanish. This allows Spanish speakers who are not fluent in English to follow the conversation. Your original posts are still available in English, in addition to their Spanish copies. You can ignore any notifications about Spanish versions of your posts. You can still navigate to your original English posts from your profile and participate in the Desktop forum, as usual.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

@Juliecal73 Your posts were being auto-translated and auto-syndicated from the Desktop forum into our new Spanish forum. This blog provides more information: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Spanish-Forum/ba-p/1094988
Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks for being a member of our community!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Sorry, I still don't understand. Did I inadvertently join the Spanish forum at some point and not the English one?

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

@Juliecal73 The Spanish forum is part of the same PBI Community, so you didn't join it. You are a member of the Spanish forum, just like you have access to reading the Community Blog, etc. Your posts were merely "copied" to the Spanish forum, translated from English into Spanish. This allows Spanish speakers who are not fluent in English to follow the conversation. Your original posts are still available in English, in addition to their Spanish copies. You can ignore any notifications about Spanish versions of your posts. You can still navigate to your original English posts from your profile and participate in the Desktop forum, as usual.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

July 2020 Community Highlights

July 2020 Community Highlights

Learn about the exciting things that happened in July.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

We are thrilled to announce we will begin running a monthly webinar series named Power BI Dev Camp.

Top Kudoed Authors