Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

D_PBI
Post Patron
Post Patron

Using an existing Power BI Community account when starting a new company

Hi,

I've held a Power BI Community (PBIC) account for a few years. This existing PBIC account was linked to a company's Office 365 tenant. I have now left that company and started another. In attempting to link/port my existing PBIC account to my new company's Office 365 tentant I received the below message:
Message.PNG

I haven't opened a support ticket but instead am seeking an answer from this forum - I expect my question is a common one. The support page I was taken to, when clicking on the link, didn't provide me the answer on how to port my existing PBIC account over to my new company's Office 365 tenant.

In order to post this message I have had to create a new PBIC account, however for future reference, how do I port/link my existing PBIC account, that is linked to my old company, over to my new company, bearing in mind that I no longer have any contact with my old company and therefore cannot contact my old company's Office 365 tenant administration team if they needed to do something (i.e. release my PBIC account from their tenant)?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
BrandyG_iTalent
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @D_PBI 

You are correct, this is a common question! We totally understand that people change jobs or need to update the email associated to their account for other reasons. We have a support article that covers this, take a look here, specifically under "Changing Your Community Email": https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Accounts-Registration/Community-Account-Support/ta-p/6802...

You will need to open a support case, when you do so, be sure to include your previous community username and the email address associated to that account, as well as your current community username and email address. Also provide which community username you would prefer to keep, your previous username, or your current name. 

Keep in mind, we can't merge accounts. I see the account you are using was just created. I would not create any new content, reply to posts, or kudo anything until we get your new account mapped to your old account. 

If you have any trouble, feel free to reply here so we can get you up and running full speed!

Thanks!

Brandy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors