Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

@SomeMSUserName as a mechanism to highlight problems to Microsoft admins

There are times where we see the same repeated issue or question that would warrant some MS admin input.
(Examples: Bugs after version release, repeating error experienced by many, etc.)

I was thinking it would be helpful for the community to be able to pull in an admin or specific Microsoft approved Community user account to specific threads that may warrant Microsofts further attention? I'm specifically thinking about the @username capability.

For example; A new version of the Desktop is released, some functionality breaks, and users start requesting help. Several threads, and repeated testing, point out that indeed there is a bug. An answerer would then include @SomeMSAccount in a response to draw attention to the thread.

This would also solve the issue of whether or not we know admins are aware of issues as we can see that it's been brought to the attention of "said" account.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
2 REPLIES 2

This is actually a great idea @Seth_C_Bauer and @Greg_Deckler. We have implemented some changes on our end like required labels and some backend processes to identify problems faster, such as the ones being described here.

So our recommendation is:

1. Use the "Need Help" label on these topics
  2. Tag the topic with as much detail as possible

Last but not least, let us take this feedback and figure out easier ways to do this if it doesn't get solved by the changes I mentioned.

I know I sound like a broken record but thanks again!

Data for Everyone! We mean it
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Thats a good idea, I have been tagging messages with "bug" when I feel that is likely the issue but I suppose we, as a community, ought to come up with some kind of "standardized" way of doing this.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors