cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leonardmurphy Established Member
Established Member

Sign In Confusion

When I'm logged into the forums page, I'm signed in and can see my username as leonardmurphy.

When I click over to 'Ideas', I'm no longer signed in. When I sign in with my email address, it shows my name as anonymous, which I find odd as 'anonymous' to me implies I'm not properly signed in.

On the main support.powerbi.com page, there's no sign-in button at all. But there is a sign-up button (in the footer of the page).

Are these all different websites with different sign-ins that just look the same? Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, on a side note, it would be good if the sign-in options on each page were more prominent and consistent. 

On the 'ideas' page it is in a really tiny font in the right hand bar. On the forums page, it's at the top left above every page (a little more intuitive admittedly). And on the support page it isn't there at all.

---
In Wisconsin? Join the Microsoft BI Professionals - Wisconsin group.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft MiguelMartinez
Microsoft

Re: Sign In Confusion

Thanks for feadback @leonardmurphy. We understand the frustration on moving between the service itself, Uservoice (our ideas platform) and these forums. We are working internally to solve this as much as we can without loosing the advatage of having top tier platforms for each of these properties.

Hopefully we'll have some good news in the medium term.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft MiguelMartinez
Microsoft

Re: Sign In Confusion

Thanks for feadback @leonardmurphy. We understand the frustration on moving between the service itself, Uservoice (our ideas platform) and these forums. We are working internally to solve this as much as we can without loosing the advatage of having top tier platforms for each of these properties.

Hopefully we'll have some good news in the medium term.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)